Solar Eclipse Field Trip
August 21 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm| $12
Eclipse Experience At Bob Jones University
Greenville, S.C., is one of the few places in the world where you’ll be able to see the 2017 total solar eclipse—when the moon completely blocks out the sun—and students in 7th – 12th are going to see it! (The next total solar eclipse visible in the U.S. won’t be until 2024.)
Activities on campus:
- Use university telescopes equipped with solar filters to observe the eclipse and take pictures using your smartphone.
- Experience a 360-degree sunset, and view the sun’s
- Do experiments to monitor air temperature, brightness levels, spectra, etc.
- Learn about the scientific, historical and religious significance of eclipses from our science and Bible faculty members.
- Get viewing tips and a play-by-play analysis so you don’t miss a thing.
Lunch at Haywood Mall, Greenville, SC. Students will need to bring cash for lunch.
Food Court Options: Chick-Fil-A, Sbarro, O’Charley’s Philly Steaks, Great Wraps, Panera Bread, and more!